Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Week 6 EOC: Perform job analysis, write job descriptions, and job specifications.

Title

Design Coordinator

Reports to

Design Director

Responsibilities













·         Professionally communicate via email and in person with outside vendors, design, production and buying team members.
·         Attend weekly design and production meetings, and final sample review.
·         Perform miscellaneous administrative tasks when needed.
·         Responsible for keeping the design binders up to date and organized.
·         Locate and then distribute any incoming sample packages sent from vendor to appropriate person(s).
·         Update line sheets weekly.
·         Log and photograph all initial and final samples in preparation for buyer review.
·         Communicate comments and/or product approvals to the vendor after key meetings.
·         Daily update and maintain PDM
·         Work closely with designers to ensure precise and timely responses to all approval requests and queries.

Qualifications











·         Must exhibit strong communication and interpersonal skills.
·         Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks, and manage time effectively to meet deadlines.
·         Ability to develop and maintain productive relationships and communicate effectively with internal and external partners.
·         Exhibits strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
·         Capable of running meetings and keeping the team on task.
·         Strong follow-up skills.
·         Microsoft Office.
·         Web PDM experience is preferred but not required.
·         Basic sewing skills are preferred but not required.

Education

Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business, or a related field.

Location

Philadelphia, PA
I believe this job would be perfect for me simply because it’s what I would like to do which is be apart of the making process and be close to the designer so that I could learn enough to where, when I’m ready to stop working for someone and branch off to work for myself I would have the knowledge to run my own company and staff. At the moment I do not know what company I would like to be apart of but I do know I want to specialize in couture gowns, and dresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment